Yes, this is a LEGO Vought F4U-1A Corsair massive diorama




If you remember the Tomcat, you will for sure remember this name: "crash cramer". There are LEGO MOCers, there's even LEGO master MOCers, and then there's James Cherry.

This time around we are happy to share this impressive, massive, fully detailed LEGO F4U-1A Corsair brought to us directly from the WWII pacific war. For me this is scale modeling with bricks, nothing else, nothing less.

The following description was taken directly from his Flickr account album. In the mean time and while you enjoy this master piece, we are impatiently waiting his upcoming MOC, the Spitfire XIV! God may have mercy of our souls!




"1/15 scale F4U-1A Corsair set in a diorama based on Ondonga Airfield, Solomon Islands, February 1944.

It has been 2 years since I finished my Tomcat. Due to other commitments my Lego time in that period has been severely curtailed unfortunately.




The Corsair has been on the go for most of that time, I finally had a deadline to get it finished to display at the Great Western Brick Show this weekend. It has movable control surfaces and a custom canopy. The diorama was a bit of an afterthought, I had about 3 weeks to build it after deciding to do it. Huge thanks to Joe Perez for helping me figure some of it out, there are some sand bags to add once it gets to the show.




I am hoping my output increases again now, I have started a 1/15 scale Spitfire XIV."




Visit his Flickr account for more hi-res pictures.

Don't ever miss a MOC by simply following us on our Facebook page and follow us on Instagram.







Comments

Post a Comment