This is the Vanguard from Star Citizen, made with LEGO


Ready for some LEGO magic from the very dept of distant space? The magician this time is creator and MOCer Stephan Niehoff and he has created one of the most beatiful LEGO starships to date: the Vanguard from the still in development space sim Star Citizen.

"Here is my last chalk project.

This ship is much more complex than the Brutus I built, because of the huge engine modules it was very difficult to achieve stability and tilt backwards. So I couldn't build an interior. All wings are foldable and the turret can be rotated 360 degrees. You could even fold the undercarriage, but since the model is very heavy, it is a little difficult. There are three possible versions: Harbinger, Sentinel and Warden . I chose the Warden because I like it best. Since there are many differently rendered ship versions, I have built a compromise on several of these versions.

I tried to make this model look as realistic as possible."

The Aegis Dynamics Vanguard, originally known as the 'Bulldog', is a Twin-Engine Deep Space Fighter. Deep space fighters are typically used to pursue engagements in outlying areas when support from a carrier is not available. The Vanguard can be modified to a different variant with Battlefield Upgrade Kits (BUKs).

More pictures:







Comments