A hard to miss sci-fi LEGO MOC.



A lot of us grew up with the beloved classic of LEGO space sets. Those sets surely sparked a more profound love for bricks back in the days, tempting us to make even more elaborate models or, how we AFOLs call them, MOCs. MOTO is one of those guys. Sure, I'm not saying his favorite subject is space, but you can't argue with your "intuition" when it comes to Luna.

The following description was extracted from his Flickr album page. Enjoy the show!




"Luna is a Fig scale spaceship inspired by sci fi artwork from the late 1970s and early 1980s. I call this style "Futro". Luna is for the Luna moth, my first ship, the Chrysalis is a smaller scout ship.

This album has the build documented and I'll be adding more shots as I can for details and the overall look of the build.

The stand can hold the model with either side up. I prefer the shuttle to be on the top. 


FEATURES:

From front to back:

- A cabin

- A shuttle craft "Rainbow Dash" piggybacked on the "top" of Luna. The shuttle is a "mini build" of the larger ship, with a forked tail, bumblebee pattern in gold, and signature Lego elements.

- A large cosmic ray array is on the bottom - normally a communications and scientific sensor, but can be converted into an offensive weapon. It rotates and can pivot up and down.

- On the top fins there are two drones featuring basketball nets and Pegasus wings.

- On the bottom fins there are a pair of engines.


- The main engine and cabin are hexagonal structures.

- Highlight color is bright light orange with gold and silver accents.

- The stand can hold the model on either side to show off the shuttle or the cosmic ray array.

Some ramblings:

- I love trans blue and "slopes on top". Real ships have curves.

- In my theme, magic and technology exist side by side. "Elves... in... space..." was a great recent comment.

- Own those new colors!

- I like chrome, silver, gold, and glow in the dark highlights. 


STATS:

About 300 hours, 35-40 hours a week building.

ELEMENTS: A lot, 10-12 lbs, so 1,500?

Lots of Bricklink orders, and a mega shout out to any store that sold to me.

DISCLAIMER: This is not a pure build. I spray painted some slopes and basketball nets gold. It just looks "right" to me this way.

I have an album for the Astra theme where magic and space intermix.

This model's exterior is complete. I won't be building out the interior for at least 6 months to a year, so I call this a stage of "complete" for showing."

More Pictures below:














Don't ever miss a MOC by simply following us on our Facebook page and follow us on Instagram.


Comments