This is true AFOL love: LEGO Technic - Porsche 919 - Le Mans 2015




A few months ago we posted some random race cars MOC's in our Facebook page and people went nuts. From all over the network, users left their appreciations on the post. In it we also included one of the most memorable creations you can find on the internet. We are talking about Manuel Nascimiento's Porsche 919 2015 Le Mans race car.

Today we are dedicating s little space in our blogs to the creation and hard work of this man. 

Enjoy the show and read carefully the bit of history the man himself wrote on his Flickr account.


"Hello everyone! 

My name is Manuel Nascimento and I'm an AFOL, fan of Porsche and the legendary race 24 Hours of Le Mans. 


The Challenge:


What challenged me in this construction was to create a LEGO replica of the winning car number 19 of 2015. The main intent for the construction of this model was for static display or exhibition. I don't think that this car is a good model to roll in the ground since is very low, very heavy and it would end up in bad shape. Nevertheless I decided to include PF so that it would make the model more fun and alive. Without ruining the aesthetic looks of the car (since PF take up a lot of space), I was able to put in lights, doors and hood (or bonnet) with electric opening, direction and traction in on gear. I don't have instructions of the model, honestly I'm not very much at ease working with LDD or LDraw related software, and besides it would have been too complicated and with many PF wires. 



Decoration:

Decoration is commonplace in every race car, it's an important detail e brings the model to life! I know that there are too many stickers in the MOC but the real car also has them. I must say that I had too much fun decorating the car but at the same time I also had a lot of work because all stickers were hand made. The wheels are LEGO and they are not chromed, they have chromed stickers applied. Some of you may not like that, I'm sorry, but that's my style to these kind of cars. 


You can check this model out in Bricks magazine issue 15 with a small interview. 

Next model: 2016 version 

Hope you like it. Thank you. 



For more LEGO MOC's and news, please visit and follow our official Facebook page: @Luv4Toys.

More pictures below:





Just for fun, we added the real thing so you can better appreciate the level of detail on the LEGO MOC.


Comments

  1. Could you please share the instructions to this? It would be a pleasure building such a brilliant masterpiece of your creation. This is the most accurate Lego build of the 919 I have ever seen.
    Once again, please share the instructions .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment